Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Oct Blog Challenge: Final Week--Best Advice I've Ever Been Given

1st Nephi 3:7 - "...I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them."

This is, overall, the best advice I've ever been given.  It's a well-known scripture from the Book of Mormon, and anyone who has been a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is very familiar with it.  This verse has strengthened me time and time again as challenging life events have appeared.  I say it to myself every time I'm asked to take on a new area of service in our church, and when I have new trials with which to deal.  It is a comfort to know that I'm not asked to take on something that I do not have potential to handle.  Many times this potential is yet unknown to me, but as I tackle each task, trial or area of service, I discover that the hand of God is holding mine.  He lets me know that I have what it takes to get through (and maybe even conquer) the challenge before me!  Our Father in Heaven will prepare a way, we just need the courage and faith to step onto the path.

No comments:

Post a Comment