Thursday, July 5, 2012

Efferdent and Pinwheels

I have always been a list person.  I've made lists of what to pack on trips, classes I needed to take, and endless grocery lists and dinner menus.  And, as a grown-up (which I have been for a couple of years now), I have been fairly faithful in making lists to manage my adult life.  I've listed chores, calendar events, and more frequently, those never-ending dinner menus and grocery lists to get my family through from one paycheck to the next.  This leads into the explanation of my post title today.  (It takes very little to amuse me sometimes, and this story is one of them.)  Whenever I enter the amount of my most recent 'list' purchases, I make an abbreviated note in my check register to remind myself of what the funds were used for.  So, the other day I went into the store specifically for denture cleaner, and while there I made an impulse buy of three cute little patriotic pinwheels.  I went home, put the Efferdent into the bathroom, stuck the pinwheels in the dirt of the front yard, and.went to make that notation in my checkbook.  I wrote "Efferdent and pinwheels"....and started to giggle.  What kind of a combination is that?  How on earth could those two items possibly be related?  Well, I know how they go together.....and now you do, too.  Further proof that even the most random things can be linked, if you know all the details. 
                                   

1 comment:

  1. You may be the only person on earth who would make those purchases together.

    ReplyDelete