Saturday, March 28, 2015

Diary of a School District Employee on Spring Break: Day 1

I got started on this blog life almost 3 years ago, when someone posted a fun question of the day blog challenge for a month.  I was in Broomfield, helping my oldest after the birth of her 2nd baby, and figured --What the heck--I might as well jump on this technology train, too.

I've enjoyed it.  It's been a neat way to share my thoughts with others, but mostly, with myself.  So, today I decided I will chronicle my 2015 Spring Break.  Entry #1:

I count my break starting from Friday night.  Friday nights are the best, anyway, when you work a M-F job, because the weekend, with all it's possibilities, lies before you.  It's magical.  So I ate dinner with Michael, finally changed out the photos from 2013 that filled my collage frames in the living room (the 2014 selections are a few highlights from Powderhorn.  It truly was the pinnacle of the year), watched a little NCAA Elite Eight basketball, and, when I got tired of that, came back to the bedroom to see what else was on TV.  Nuthin.  Had a nice chat with Holly, and then decided to surf Netflix on my iPad to see what looked interesting.

Winner: Sense and Sensibility.  Someday, if anyone wants to have a "Book/Movie" chat about that movie, please invite me.  I have lots to say about it.  For now, let's just say that the actors are amazing, the story is epic, and Emma Thompson deserved that Oscar for best adapted screenplay. Oh, and then there's the interesting fact that at least 5 of those actors appeared in Harry Potter movies later on. Cool.

So now it's Saturday.  Slept in (well, stayed in bed) until 8.  Yippee! It's now noon, and I've accomplished the following: (not in order)

*Folded clean laundry
*Hung up laundry
*Washed CPAP equipment (I hate that job)
*Poured Drano down one of our bathroom sinks, then boiled a pan of water 1.5 hours later and poured it down the sink.  Much better.
*Opened front door and several windows to let in spring
*Started new load of laundry
*Washed dirty pots/pans (Another of my hated chores)
*Threw away the toaster (it won't catch/heat up)
*Planned my lesson for Sunday School
*Watched my cute great-nephew on Facebook (Cathy's grandson)
*Made my bed

Huh.  Looks pretty productive, laid out like that.  Yay, me.  But here's what I hope to do in the second half of the day:

*Scrub out my tub (I already sprinkled the Comet...I have to do that, cuz it MAKES me clean it before I can shower)
*Shower and shave my legs (TMI!?)
*Video conference with my daughters to hold our 2nd monthly Book Club chat
*Hang up the remaining Easter decorations (Guzmans are coming for Easter--gotta be ready!)

Having guests for the weekend, and Easter weekend at that, is going to be my main motivator for the week.  Gotta clean for the grandkids.

Will this entry benefit anyone but me?  Nope.  But maybe, someday, as I'm reading old posts, I'll look back fondly on what I accomplished during this week.  And hopefully, I'll feel just as satisfied with what I DIDN'T do, too.

And that's the way it was.  Saturday, March 28, 2015.


No comments:

Post a Comment