Sunday, March 29, 2015

Diary of a School District Employee on Spring Break: Day 2

And just like that, it's Sunday evening.  Remember how I said that I love the Friday evening part of the weekend, when it all lies before me?  Well, here's the runner-up--a Sunday evening when I DON'T have to get up and go to work the next day.  Aaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh..............

Without further ado, my activities from Sat afternoon through now:

*DID scrub tub, DID shower and shave legs
*Got Taco Bell for lunch....I don't know why I torture myself.  Our Taco Bell is infuriatingly slow.  Two cars in the drive-through, nobody in the lobby, and I still put the car into park and checked email while I waited for my food.
*Hangout chat with my girls to discuss our Book Club selection this month.  If you want to know how I feel about this month's selection, "The 100 Year Old Man Who Climbed Out A Window and Disappeared", check out my review on Goodreads.  The one I'll write tomorrow.
*Fixed french toast for dinner--this is notable only because it saved the life of our toaster.  Yesterday I threw it away because it wouldn't catch and heat up.  Well, I plugged my mini griddle into the same outlet to make french toast (I do love breakfast for dinner!), and it didn't heat up either.  (LIGHT BULB!)--Sure enough, that outlet has a safety switch on it, and it had popped.  So I pushed the button back in, the griddle heated up, and Michael went to the trash and retrieved the toaster.  He even called me a genius.  THAT needs to be recorded for posterity!
*Re-read "Holes" (by Louis Sachar).  Every year since I became a school librarian, we have watched "Holes" during library time with the 3rd, 4th and 5th graders.  I started that because I was evicted from the library for the first couple of years that I worked there so it could be used for state testing.  Not much else to do when you have library in the classroom, so I picked that movie.  If I do show movies during library time, I tell the kids that I will only choose ones that started as books.  "Holes" is perfect...it's funny, it's clever, sweet, and there's nothing I enjoy more than watching the kids' faces when all the plot pieces start to come together.  SO, after watching it 12 times each March for the last 4 years, I figured it was time to revisit the written story.  Still love it.

Sunday:

*Got up about 7:30, right after Michael headed to church for his meetings.
*Played on computer a bit
*Watched "Music and the Spoken Word" on the computer--it's one of the things I like about 11 am church, that I can watch that beforehand.
*Showered, dressed, etc.
*Ate some cereal, and remembered an hour later that today was Fast Sunday.  I hate it when that happens.
*Went to church, my lesson went well.  Stayed after for choir practice.
*Came home, changed clothes, went outside and pulled out the pool for Viva.  Filled it.  It was in the low 70's today--heaven.
*We ate dinner early, almost as soon as Michael got home from church.
*Plugged in the first Hobbit movie.  I slept through about 1.5 hours of it, but at least I woke up in time for Bilbo and Gollum to play Riddles in the Dark. Pivotal.
*Crocheted on the Guzman afghan.  This thing is monstrous, and feels like I'm NEVER going to finish it.

So there you go.  The weekend is over.  All weekends disappear as quickly as this one did, but I sure don't mind as much when there are vacation days ahead.  Onward!

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know you were posting on your blog so much. I like it!

    ReplyDelete