Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Bread Sticks

Boy, did my house smell good when these came out of the oven!  Garlic and parmesan...........mmm, mmm, good! (My apologies to Campbell's soup)

Of course I had to post this picture on Facebook and taunt people with it...I was thinking mostly of my children, who know very well what these smell and taste like!  Of course, when they were at home, we needed a double batch (although Mr. Mahan would argue that we STILL need a double batch--especially since these are already gone!)

Here's the recipe.  Credit goes to my friend Shellie Schultz, who probably brought them to a church dinner oh, so many years ago, when we were in the Broomfield 2nd Ward family, and then graciously shared the recipe.  Thanks, Shellie!

375 degrees                  20 minutes

1 TBSP yeast
2 TBSP sugar
1 1/2 cups warm water
1/2 tsp salt
3 cups flour (plus more for kneading)
1 stick margarine
garlic powder
Parmesan cheese

Dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water.  Add salt and flour.  Knead lightly. Rest on floured board for 10 minutes. Melt margarine in 9 x 13 pan or larger (You see I use a cookie sheet).  Knead out air bubbles, and divide dough into 18 sticks, rolled in buttered pan.  Raise 20 minutes; sprinkle with garlic powder and parmesan (to taste!).  Bake 20 minutes.  Voila!

Told you it was easy!  Enjoy!

Cindy

5 comments:

  1. Would you make more before you leave town? Then I can have them with my soup at lunch and just for fun at dinner (since you will be gone until later).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feel free to make more this weekend as well!

    ReplyDelete