Thursday, April 2, 2015

Diary of a School District Employee on Spring Break: Day 5

Wednesday was wonderful.  Absolutely wonderful. I stayed in my jammies until after 4 pm and didn't feel one little bit bad about it.  Oh, I still puttered and did a few things around the house...a load of whites, washed some pots and pans, etc.  

*Hung up these wooden craft projects, one that was a gift and the other that I made at a Relief Society function.  I was actually pretty pleased that I had some leftover hardware to put on the backs so they could be hung.  


*Crocheted some more on the endless afghan (it is referred to in several past posts, and yet never completed!) and watched Saving Mr. Banks.  Did some Googling/Wikipedia reading on P.L. Travers....Disney definitely 'sanitized' this one as well, but in this case, I'm glad.  She really was a miserable, cantankerous woman.  It really is amazing that she created such a wonderful character.  She really hated the movie, but as Walt was assumed to have said to her, "That ship has sailed".  She wouldn't give movie rights to any of the rest of the books, but you know what.......that's OK.  This one will always be my favorite, and a classic all on its own.

*Face timed with Stef about 4, she just laughed at me when she saw me in my nightie!  So I did shower.

*Went to Target, spent my usual $100.  (You know how they have dollar stores?  Target is my $100 store).

*Michael went straight from work to meetings, so we ate late, watched a little TV and went to bed.  

Moving on.............

No comments:

Post a Comment