Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Diary of a School District Employee on Spring Break: Day 4

I actually had to go back and look at which day I was on.  It's almost like my dad, who's been retired for 20 years or so now..he takes great pride in the fact that he doesn't know, or care, what day of the week it is.  Well, he does keep track of what day he goes to shoot on the archery course.  Anyway, I'm actually at the point in my vacation that I have to stop and think about what day of the week it is...how fun is that?!

As for Day 4, it was so nice!  Here's why:

*Ate a leisurely bowl of Cap'n Crunch
*Showered, etc.
*Headed up to Grand Junction: first stop, Kelli's house
  Kelli and Tyler are in their last month of living in a basement apartment on the Redlands.  They've just been accepted to rent a little duplex, also on the Redlands, but above ground and (Kelli enthusiastically notes!) with a dishwasher!
*Kelli and I drove separately to my haircut appointment, where I had my usual pampering and enjoyable visit with my "personal stylist", my brother's stepdaughter.  She gives me the family rate, and I love my haircut.
*Kelli and I hurried to Chik-Fil-A for a quick lunch, then met my mom at the movie theater to see "Cinderella".  It was Mom's idea, and I was happy to have my mommy take me to a Disney movie!  When my kids were little, Mom loved having us come to visit, so she could justify seeing the kiddie movies with the grandkids!  Well, she still does it....so what if the grandchild is 23 1/2? :)  This type of outing is one of the best reasons Kelli and I have for living back here on the Western Slope.  Quality time with my parents and my brother and his family is priceless.
*Kelli left us to go do laundry/grocery shopping, and Mom and I went to her house, where I finally got to meet the rat terrier mix they just adopted.  He's about 8 1/2, they renamed him Coot, and he's a love bug.  He worships my dad already, and they're so happy to have a dog back in their lives!  The few months before they found this little guy were hard on both of them.  My dad has never been without a dog in his life.  This is a win/win for them and for that little rat (terrier).  
*Had dinner with mom and dad, and headed back home.  Again, any time I can just hang out with my parents is priceless to me.  They're 76 years old, still going strong, but I don't want to waste any time that I'm given with them.

Thus endeth the Tuesday of spring break, 2015.  On we go.

No comments:

Post a Comment