Friday, April 3, 2015

Diary of a School District Employee on Spring Break: Day 6

Another lovely day.  Thursdays are (usually) Mikey's days off, and so most of the year we do not get a day off together.  Even during the summer, or on extended vacation days (like now, and Christmas), I am often gone, doing the Gramma thing, and so we don't have time together.  Thankfully, this Thursday was the exception.  And it was wonderful.

We were both fairly motivated to get some extra work done around the house, because Lisa, Hondo and the girls were due that evening.  So, I tackled things like cleaning the stove top, the microwave, getting laundry folded and put away...while he vacuumed (he does a WAY better job than I do) and picked up dog doo in the yard.  I did some mending on my jeans and fixed my Book Fair apron.

We each took a turn running errands...he did the bank, got prescriptions and fruit, and lunch.  I went out later to get more ice (gotta have that Sonic ice!) and a DQ treat.  Then we watched The Desolation of Smaug, and I crocheted more than I probably have in the last 6 months.

Dinner was delegated to Dominos, and then, at last, the Guzmans arrived about 9:15 p.m.!  My Mo just gives the best, tightest hugs, and she and Mara were both so excited to check out Gramma and Grandad's toys.  It's been about a year since they've been here at our house, so everything is new again!

What a blessed day.....time alone with Michael, and then a daughter, son-in-law and grandchildren!

The fun continues............

No comments:

Post a Comment