Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Favorite Time Wasters - Blog Challenge 2016 Entry #2

I wish that my response to this topic was unique and creative.  It isn't. My favorite time wasters are Facebook and Words With Friends.

Quite awhile ago, someone posted that Facebook was like going to the refrigerator and staring into it...you know there's nothing good there, but you can't help opening the door over and over again. That pretty much sums it up for me. These days I seem to spend more time "hiding" things than I do reading them.  But yet I go back, and go back, and go back.  It's worse in the summer, because I have so much more down time.

But it's thanks to Facebook that I have a stronger relationship with my extended family than I ever have. I can participate in the major and minor events of my Michigan relatives' lives. I can also keep tabs on the "kids" I went to high school with. Many of them weren't close friends when we attended good ol' FMHS (class of '78), so I have loved getting to know the funny, amazing, inspirational people they are! And I am also grateful to be able to maintain my friendships with my beloved former co-workers and church friends.

Then there's "Words With Friends". Kelli recently said "You're still playing that game?" Yep...I'm kinda addicted. It doesn't even matter to me how many points I score, I just like to challenge myself to play the best word I can. My average word score is around 17-19 points, and I rarely have more than 8-10 games going at once, but that's OK. I often choose a word to play because it opens up the board, not because it'll give me the most points. After failing to reach the Weekly Challenge goal for the 3rd week in a row, I turned off that notification (It annoyed me when they created that, anyway!). It's just for fun...plus I learn all these interesting words like "ki", "qi", "qat", and so on.  No, I don't know what they mean, I only know that the game accepts them!

True confessions 101.



3 comments:

  1. Dad's comment made me laugh! I have to admit, I can tell when you are on summer break because the tags and shares increase noticeably! Haha! And I love the fridge analogy. It's too real.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too true. I think these are most people's time wasters these days.

    ReplyDelete