Saturday, June 18, 2016

Someone I Admire - 2016 Blog Post Challenge - Entry #1

Well, for starters, I hadn't figured on this topic until later in the summer, so I haven't had time to ponder it.

But do you know who comes to my mind right away? My friend Janela Karlson.

Janela and I have known each other for more years than I can remember. I met her and her husband Jesse when they only had one child (and that child just got married!).  Jesse, Michael and another dear friend, Hans Christiansen, all co-owned a silk tree plant business.  For awhile, our three families lived the closest thing to the United Order since Joseph Smith's day....we were all desperately poor, and shared vehicles, food, and even housing (not us, but Karlsons and Christiansens lived together for awhile).

Janela has to be experienced.  I cannot do her justice, but here's the general scoop--she is the most sincere, the most genuine, the most guileless person I've ever met in my life. She is amazingly intelligent, incredibly gentle, and has the sweetest temperament and spirit of anyone I've ever known. I would be shocked to discover that she had ANYONE who didn't like her, because her love for others just radiates out to the world. In spite of all that, she in not a push-over. She sticks to her principles, and cannot be swayed when it comes to questionable choices.

Janela can bring a smile to the grumpiest of faces. Nobody can resist her earnest heart. She is very humble, and exemplifies the true definition of meekness in that she is quiet and gentle, but strong and stalwart as well.

I'm a better person for having her in my life. I hope she know that. I can never be as good as she is, but I'm sure that I'm a bit more kind, a bit more faithful, and a bit more Christ-like because of her example.

https://youtu.be/uzrGFQysfYU

1 comment: