Friday, July 8, 2016

Movie I Would Like to Live In - Summer Blog Challenge 2016 Entry #7

 I would enjoy living in the BBC version of Pride and Prejudice. I wouldn't want to be any character in particular -- although I would be more of a Lizzie or a Jane than a Kitty or Lydia. The clever dialogue, the sharp repartee and the vibrant characters would be a joy in which to belong. Jane Austen rocks. Her astute assessment of many different personality types and social situations is unmatched. I would like to be a part of a group that challenges the societal norms--that doesn't accept the standards of their life just because it's always been done that way. I admire that, and I would love to be a quick thinker, like Elizabeth Bennet. The way she responds to Lady Catherine as she is accused and attacked is genius. I would love to be able to immediately come up with a sharp response and put an antagonist in their place.  Awesome.


2 comments: