Friday, July 22, 2016

Summer Blog Challenge 2016 - Entry for July 21 - How Do I Express My Creativity?



My creativity is limited.  I feel like I do have a creative side, but it is brought about by the ideas of others.

I enjoy crocheting, reading, writing reviews of books I've read, some pottery/ceramic items, and some types of crafting.  I have done tole painting projects and the odd Pinterest project or two. All of these outlets are fun and rewarding.  But I usually need guidance and inspiration from other sources.  I would love to be one of those people who can envision a project and then know exactly what to do to make it come to life. However, I tend to be the person who looks at someone else's idea and says "YES! That's what I want!" There are even times when I can look at a project and come up with a way to improve it.

There is another area, I suppose, where I feel a certain creative flow, and it's related to my work.  I've been in public education for 19 years now, and my varied experiences have allowed me to think of unique and fun ways to bring life to my classroom (the library) and to decorate and make it into a warm, welcoming environment. I think, out of all of my creative outlets, this is the one I am most proud of, because it's the one that I think benefits me and others the most.



No comments:

Post a Comment