Saturday, July 30, 2016

Summer Blog Challenge 2016 - Entry for July 27 - I Regret Never Having Learned to.....

....speak Spanish more fluently. It has limited me in my work, and that has been frustrating. I did very well in high school Spanish, and so was able to pick up more of it when I began to work in this school district and had students who came with no English. But where I live, there are many people who don't speak English, and it is difficult to communicate.

That being said, I also don't really have a desire to become more fluent. It's just one of those things that I feel was a window I didn't open at the right time, and now I've gotten used to it being shut. Oh, well....I certainly do have a respect for those who are bilingual, and I depend on them. Thanks!

Fine, how are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment