Saturday, June 16, 2012

Blog Challenge Day 16: Dream a Little Dream of Me

My 'dream job' would be not to have one.  That's the bottom line.  I'd love to be home, pursuing projects that I enjoy, and having the flexibility to spend time with my parents, my children and my grandchildren as the situations present themselves.  That being said, however, I think I've got the next best thing in the job I have now.  I've been a classroom para (teacher's aide) since 1997, and due to district budget cuts, I was informed 18 months ago that my position would disappear at the end of the 2010-2011 school year.  But the librarian at another school in Montrose was retiring at Christmas break, and so I applied for that job.  I'm in heaven!  I get to spend my days with children and books, and it is a perfect match! I build my own lesson plans, get to read to kids, and I have my own little world to work in each day!  Add the fact that I get weekends and holidays off, and I've got it made in the shade!  So I may not be dreaming, but my reality is a pretty sweet deal!
...which leads beautifully into the next blog challenge, which is...

No comments:

Post a Comment