Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Blog Challenge Day 26: 5 Favorite Blogs

Well, since I'm so new to this whole blogging thing, my favorite blogs belong to my children!  Holly started hers when Eric was going through everything with his cancer, and it was the perfect way for people to check in and leave words of comfort and encouragement!  Jen and Stef started theirs when they moved far away from family, and Lisa started hers about the time she began her journey as a wife and mom!  Holly's blog is here, Jen's blog is thisaway, Stef's site is this, and Lisa's can be found through this door. They are all wonderful writers, and I'm not just saying that because they're my daughters!  They certainly didn't inherit that gift from me!

That's only four, so I'll have to say that, at this current time, my other favorite blog is the one that was just set up for my friend Lynn.  She is a kindergarten teacher I worked with for 4 1/2 years, and this last school year she was finally, rightfully,  chosen as our school district's elementary teacher of the year!  But on June 8 she suffered a ruptured brain aneurysm, and has been in a Denver hospital ever since.  There is a site called Carepages.com that allows family members to set up a blog to keep friends and family updated on a loved one's medical condition, and I visit it regularly!  Like Holly and Eric's blog started, it is a fantastic way for the family to update everyone at once, and also allows those of us who love and care about her to let her and her family know we're here!

3 comments:

  1. I'm actually excited about doing this post because I love reading blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am kind of in love with that cartoon. Too true, sometimes. Not for us, of course :)

    ReplyDelete