Thursday, June 21, 2012

Blog Challenge Day 21: Something I Miss

Two things popped into my head as I read today's category:
1)  My grandparents.  I believe I've referenced them before, but at this stage in my life, I'm blessed to still have both my parents here and going strong.  But even now, as I have become a grandparent myself, I still miss my own.  I only had one grandpa (dad's side), because my mom's dad died of pneumonia when she was 13 and the oldest of 4 sisters.  I loved him dearly, he and my Grandma were the 'fun' grandparents...they had a little hunting cabin in northern MI where we'd go on weekends to play, and Grandpa would bring over his snowmobile in the wintertime and take us (and several neighbor kids!) on rides through our neighborhood.  My mom's mom was kinda mean, or so I thought when I was little, but ironically, about the time we moved away to CO, I was getting old enough to be able to relate to her better....and to make her laugh, which was very important to me!

2) Energy....I don't miss my youth, but I do miss the energy that came with it!  As I get a little older (notice I said LITTLE!), I appreciate more the ability I once had to move around quickly without worrying about twisting an ankle or knee, and without having to grunt and groan as I transition from one position to another!  For those of you who check in on this blog who don't know what I'm talking about....appreciate that fact, and enjoy yourselves!  And for those of you who DO understand....well, at least we have each other!  

No comments:

Post a Comment