Thursday, June 28, 2012

Blog Challenge Day 28: The Last Time I Cried

Crying face instead of Smiley face


I cried twice last week, while at my daughter Jen's house in Broomfield.  The harder cry was while she, Kelli and I were watching TV and this commercial came on with this sweet young man who had suffered brain damage in a car accident.  I'd never seen it before, and when he held up the "Where r" sign that showed the text message that caused the accident he was in, I LOST IT!  It caught me so off guard, I just threw my hands up over my face and sobbed.  Both my girls looked at me in shock, they had seen it before and so it didn't startle them like it did me.  AAAgh!  Is this what it's gonna take for people to put the phone away while driving?  I sure hope so!  The second time was stereotypical...of course I cried when it was time to leave them, especially when I picked up my Quincy and got a tight toddler hug!  Something tells me it's not gonna get any easier to say good-bye to those grandkids.  I like them.  A LOT.  And I love that, even at their tender ages, they're starting to figure out that this lady is someone that loves them so much, and they reciprocate!  Pretty cool, and definitely worth a few tears.

Crying

*Time to play the song game....up there is a link to one of my favorite songs with the word 'crying' in it....how many can you think of that have the word 'cry' or 'crying' in it?  This is a favorite Mahan traveling game---pick a random word and try to sing as many songs/lines from songs that have that word in it. Discuss.*

No comments:

Post a Comment